To celebrate Science Week 2016 we did science experiments in our classroom. I was in a group with Ava and Adam. We did the experiment ‘Erupting Volcano’.
Our equipment included:
- A plastic bottle
- A tray
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Food Colouring(for effect)
- Washing Up Liquid(for effect)
- Firstly, place down the bottle on the tray.
- Carefully pour the vinegar into the bottle. Screw on the cap!
- Cover the bottle in newspaper. Try to shape it like a volcano.
- Paint the Volcano and place stones around the outside. You can also use mini-figures.
- Put in a few drops of food colouring and a squirt of washing up liquid.
- Put in a few spoons of bicarbonate of soda. Hey Presto! Your volcano should explode.
The volcano exploded due to the reaction between the vinegar and the bicarbonate of soda creating carbon dioxide and bubbles.
I really enjoyed making this volcano. I would give it 8/10.