Booklist for 6th class 2017-2018
The following books will be provided through our book rental scheme in September.
|Bun go Barr 6/ Abair Liom G
Planet Maths 6
Literacy Leap 5
My Read at Home Book 5
Unlocking SESE 5 & Small World 5th Class-Geography/Science & Small World 6th class/History
Alive- O Reader 7
The following books/supplies will need to be bought for September
Gaeilge : Foclóir scoile-An Gum
Maths: Master your Maths 6
English: My Spelling Workbook G-Prim Ed
Dictionary-Oxford/Chambers/Collins School Dictionary
Collins School Thesaurus
SESE: Philips New Irish Primary Atlas
Religion: Alive O 7 Confirmation Workbook
Music: Display Folder-60/100 sheets (keep from last year)
D Tin Whistle
A USB Key (large memory not necessary)
Stationery List 2017-2018
- 8X 120 Page ruled copies with margins
- 5 x C3 page copies
- Hardback copy for spellings/dictation
- 1x Ring binder folder with dividers and polypockets for organising photocopied sheets
- Well stocked pencil case including ruler, colouring pencils/twistables-not markers
- 2 small paper folders
Monies payable in September
- Book Rental Scheme-€40
- Visual Arts materials-€10
- Miscellaneous Expenses €20 (Diagnostic and standardised tests, homework journal, photocopying worksheets)
- €7 24 Hour Personal Accident Insurance
Total Monies payable in September €77
If you are unsure of any books please do not cover or write on them as they may need to be exchanged in September.
Uniform jumpers can be purchased in Pat Smyths, Gort and the National School Wear Centre Tuam Road. Trousers and polo shirts without logos can be bought on the high street.
Books from the booklist may be obtained from Gort Educational World, Bridge Street, Gort, First Chapter, Market Hall, Gort, Books N More Bookshop in the Oran town centre or ABC Bookshop, Tuam Road, Galway.
The Parents’ Council will hold a raffle every Thursday as a fundraiser. Cost of tickets will be €2, which can be paid weekly or at the start of each term in full. Each family will be given a raffle number in September which will be their number for the year.