Booklist for 2nd Class 2015-2016
The following books will be provided through our book rental scheme in September
|My Read At Home Book 3
Unlocking SESE 2nd Class
Alive O-4 Reader
The following books/supplies will need to be bought for September
Gaeilge : Foclóir Scoile-An Gúm
Maths: New Wave Mental Maths-Second Class
English: Just Handwriting-Second Class
Dictionary-Oxford School Dictionary
Collins’ School Thesaurus
SESE: Philips’ New Irish Primary Atlas
Religion: Alive O 4 Workbook
Music: Display Folder-60/100 sheets (keep from last year)
D Tin Whistle
A USB Key (large memory not necessary)
Stationery List 2015-2016
- 1 x 88 page Maths Copy
- 6 x 120 page ruled copies
- 2 x Display Books (100 pockets, A4 size)One for Music and the other for general worksheets/hand-outs/prints/published work by the children
- Well-stocked pencil case: Pencils, eraser, pencil sharpener, red pen, ruler, set of colours (Twistables/ crayons/ colouring pencils, not markers). Please label everything!
- USB Key, labelled clearly!
Monies payable in September
- Book Rental Scheme-€10
- Visual Arts materials-€10
- Miscellaneous Expenses €15 (Testing, NRIT, Drumcondra Testing, homework journal, worksheets)
- 24 hour Personal Accident Insurance €7
Total Monies payable in September €42
If you are unsure of any books please do not cover or write on them as they may need to be exchanged in September.
Uniforms can be purchased the National School Wear Centre Tuam Road. Jumpers may still be purchased from Pat Smyth’s remaining stock. Trousers and polo shirts without logos can be bought on the high street.
Books from the booklist may be obtained from Gort Educational World, Bridge Street, Gort, First Chapter, Market Hall, Gort, Books N More Bookshop in the Oran town centre or ABC Bookshop, Tuam Road, Galway.
The Parents’ Council will hold a Raffle every Thursday as a fundraiser. Cost of tickets will be €2, which can be paid weekly or at the start of each term in full. Each family will be given a raffle number in September which will be their number for the year.